Stronghold-Legends fan board.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
STRONGHOLD MULTIPLAYER IS COMING BACK ON STEAM THIS SEPTEMBER! http://www.fireflyworlds.com/2016/08/17/new-steam-editions/

Share | 

Stronghold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
+ EzChi +
Archer
Archer

Honourable posting points : 62

PostSubject: Stronghold   Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:37 pm

How's everyone doing? I know there will not be anyone who visits this site anymore as I can see from the post dates.I frequented LoD site most recently posting there as well. Just wanted to reconnect with some people and see how everyone is doing.

Would love to here some stories that anyone has to share. If any. It took me a while to log back into this account to as I forgot the pw but somehow managed to get in.

Also, Yes I do know that as of May 2014 FireFly has shutdown the GameSpy Servers for SH2,SHL ... Even knowing this I went on Amazon and bought the SH Collection.

I played SHL multi-player recently by downloading something called Gameranger, It creates a server for people to either host or join others and play games that no longer work online.

Being back at this site brings back the memories as does the LoD site. Its been Fun!

- EzChi

EDIT ***

If anyone is interested in just reading the old topics, Here is the LoD Site

www.z15.invisionfree.com/LoD_SGE

Back to top Go down
View user profile
UAES Hellboy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE

Honourable posting points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Fri May 01, 2015 11:05 am

It´s been fun indeed EzChi Very Happy By some old sentimentality i just decided to have a look at here ... has been quite a while we spent in this community. Sad to hear that the servers are down now - would have been a good Idea to try it out again - although i doubt i would be able to run an acceptable setup - even on high -setts Laughing - after all those years ! Tried to play Kingdoms some years ago when it was released ... but it was not the same; also too timeconsuming as meentime there is no room for online -gaming in my life at all.

Who ever remembers me and stumbles on this page for the same reasons i did today - have my best regards ! We will keep these good times in mind - glorious fights Very Happy PS : You were a real pain in the ass EzChi when rollin over like a hurricane ! Greets ; the guy formerly known as Hellboy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
+ EzChi +
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Fri May 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Absolutely, Good hearing from you again.

Nostalgia is definitely the reason I came back onto the SHL forums. I hope others will visit the site sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

Honourable posting points : 1430

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Fri May 08, 2015 10:19 pm

Old folks, Ezchi, helly!

Been ages mates. How is life cooking for you both?

By the same type of sentiment i kinda drove back here again, only to notice a post of 1st of may.

Yeah i heard they put the servers down. Then again the strongest selling point of stronghold where the people in it, and yeah everyone moved on.
Then again, how many years have passed by since we all met? 5 or so?

Hows the business hell? And how is work at your place Ez?
At my place things are going good, tho at times like this still miss the freedom ish time to play my old addiction haha.

Well i pray things are going great in both your lives, and-to everyone else stumbling over here, as well;-)

Greetz,

Mr.X

P.S.

I had to think and try a few password combinations also hahaha

»M®️.X«

ûƧ »M®️.X« Proud ûƧ 4 life... Respect people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Fri May 08, 2015 10:26 pm

Nostalgia nostalgia nostalgia. Nice to read a few old conversations.

Would be nice if firefly would be making a new game as good as shl for us all to meet up again.

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
+ EzChi +
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Sat May 09, 2015 2:10 am

Thank you for the reply Mr. X
, I have been reading all the old topics.

I played SH Multiplayer recently,
SHL has no really good players was able to beat people supremely easily
SH2 I played in a tournament and got to semi finals before losing to a decent pro player.
SHC tons of players on there

This is all using Gameranger of course as the Gamespy servers are now shut off for all of those games.

On a side note. Work is good life is going. No real worries, still young enjoying life. Ain't got no worries
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UAES Hellboy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE

Honourable posting points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 am

Hey X ... nice to hear from you! Must be 5 years ago and you should have finished your studies meenwhile - hope everythings running well for you over in the netherlands! Well... i´m a pretty old guy now - at least it feels like that after a hard work at job .... company was proceeding , got an assistant now and we´re pretty much engaged as it is a seasonal business !

Unfortionatly sparetime is even more rare then those times we played SHL ....Crusader 2 may have my interrest as i played first part when it was out in the 90th .....but at the moment i i dont have a proper pc to run it .... is there a multiplayer similar to SHL -is it worth it?

Best greets from Germany - Hell-

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Mon May 11, 2015 1:09 am

Well yeah it ain't too big a surprise they pulled the plug out of them. Considering the online lifespam of pretty populair games i'm surprised shl still gotten the online time it had.

Guess neither of you went onto sh3 huh? Well kinda peaked under the hood a couple of times but it was so bad. Even after i think 5 months or so after release it still was unstable. Really big dissapointment from firefly. Never played crusader before but maybe i'll hook on to it.

On a personal note,

Yeah things are good. Finished studies, working fulltime now while living on my own two feet. Some pretty major changes, some pretty major screwups but then again i learned alot for whats important in life. Or better said whats important in my life haha. Yeah well not to rub salt in an open wound but... I'm also starting to feel a little bit old. Especially when i see kids going to college/univercity and i'm like.. "Hmmm that's already ages ago" haha.

Nice that the business is going good, and really glad you got an assistent now. Really wasn't doable anymore with doing everything alone. Regardless of your age Razz

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Red Baron
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE

Honourable posting points : 602

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Mon May 11, 2015 1:24 am

I might have to try out GameRanger. I remember being really annoyed when I found out the servers went down Sad

X sent me a PM so I figured I respond to this "where are you now" thread.

Currently finishing second year of undergraduate studies here in the US in Theater, getting a minor in Music. Don't have too much time to game anymore, but I kinda fell away from strongholds anyway. I recently restarted a stronghold crusader campaign for fun though :p

+ EzChi +
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Mon May 11, 2015 2:18 am

I am an avid gamer, will never stop. Whenever I have time even if its 10minutes Ill try to get a GG in.

If ever you want to play just let me know.
Can email me anytime @sir23khan@gmail.com

Glad to hear from you guys.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
+ EzChi +
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Mon May 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Baron I did not know you live in the US, For some reason I always thought you were from U.K.

What state do you live in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Red Baron
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE

Honourable posting points : 602

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Mon May 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Yea I'm from NY. I always played with the EU guys though cause US guys weren't that good and I was trained by uAEs guys anyway.

+ EzChi +
Archer
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Tue May 12, 2015 12:06 am

I am here as well. Do you live in the City? If not what part
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Thu May 14, 2015 9:42 pm

The Red Baron wrote:
I might have to try out GameRanger. I remember being really annoyed when I found out the servers went down Sad

X sent me a PM so I figured I respond to this "where are you now" thread.

Currently finishing second year of undergraduate studies here in the US in Theater, getting a minor in Music. Don't have too much time to game anymore, but I kinda fell away from strongholds anyway. I recently restarted a stronghold crusader campaign for fun though :p

Haha, yeah i kinda was hoping for abit more interaction on the board, but it seems that most people are a little shy haha

Theatre and music huh? Actually in a far far far away past i used to do musicals also haha. In old times i wanted to become a presentator but yeah the odds of making a living in that sector where close to none, so i chose to follow the money and go along economics haha. Glad things are going good for you baron

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
-RusHBoy-
Dragon
Dragon

Honourable posting points : 584

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Fri May 15, 2015 9:38 am

What's up Ezzzzzzy!!!! And everyone else

I use to check the lod forum but now it's locked me out. It says I need account lol. I made an account there some years ago but I don't think it was ever activated by admin lol.

Once I'm in summer break hopefully if I have loads of free time I'll be playing some PC MMO games. You guys can prolly join me in ARMA, CS: GO,  Rust and prolly some other games. Also if you guys have a ps4 you guys can add me there or Skype me incase you wanna game

You guys should play SHC 2 then if ya'll still wanna play some new stronghold.
My skype is in uaes profiles I think. Or here's my gamer email: @rushgamer90@yahoo.com

"Although uAEs may be small,
we truly worship those
that are Kind, Friendly, Helpful,
and Respectable" -Rush
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KA£A
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE

Honourable posting points : 1255

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Sun May 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Hello everyone Smile

That's good to read new posts here and to have news from old players Smile

My gamer life was bright (lol) after Legends. I played Kingdoms in the French server, I built my team, then my own House, then a second House because the first was full. It was pretty awsome for a devilish dictator like me to have, idk maybe 500 players or more under control Twisted Evil
But the real life came back, as for Legends, I found a job, I had to leave the reins of the Houses to my brother, Sharks, he did a good work tho but he found a job later too. Little by little the Houses fell down, due to internal crisis and leadership battles as me and my bro weren't there often anymore.

For the real life part, It goes well. I think like for everyone there is ups and downs but I manage Smile

I feel old too lol and nostalgic too, I liked a lot the good old SHL times and I miss it sometime.

Lots of kisses to you all zouz

P.S : Oh and yeah, I'm still french so sorry if I used wrong words or mispelled some others lol since Legends I don't use english a lot :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Tue May 26, 2015 9:02 pm

KA£A wrote:
Hello everyone Smile

That's good to read new posts here and to have news from old players Smile

My gamer life was bright (lol) after Legends. I played Kingdoms in the French server, I built my team, then my own House, then a second House because the first was full. It was pretty awsome for a devilish dictator like me to have, idk maybe 500 players or more under control  Twisted Evil
But the real life came back, as for Legends, I found a job, I had to leave the reins of the Houses to my brother, Sharks, he did a good work tho but he found a job later too. Little by little the Houses fell down, due to internal crisis and leadership battles as me and my bro weren't there often anymore.

For the real life part, It goes well. I think like for everyone there is ups and downs but I manage Smile

I feel old too lol and nostalgic too, I liked a lot the good old SHL times and I miss it sometime.

Lots of kisses to you all zouz

P.S : Oh and yeah, I'm still french so sorry if I used wrong words or mispelled some others lol since Legends I don't use english a lot :/

Still by a long streak alot better then my french :mdr: You still kinda love being a boss huh? ;-)

@all,

So basiicly most of our gamers lifes have run out and were busy in real life i think. Still it's really nice hearing from each and all of you. Thank you all for sharing abit of your lifes with us Smile

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
uaes_again :)
Blademaster
Blademaster

Honourable posting points : 70

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:08 pm

OH MY GOD!!

so many people still active in this almost ancient forum I cant believe it !! Very Happy

I spent my time preparing lots of stuff for school and university! lots of stuff happened while i stopped playing here and i have to admit i really miss it! I should install the game again and hope for some1 to find. Would love to see who would win the fight of the rusties Very Happy.

I've been learning way more lanuages than i thought exist lol. I can now speak english, german, french, spanish, and a little of chinese which is easier than i thought! The technical branch of my subjects at university makes my life hard for now but i am almost through that and now its only buisess administration and that stuff.

So yeah, life was kind to me even when i was lazy as shit the past couple years ;D

xoxo to all, no homo ofc
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Hey all guys !Nice to hear from you once again !!

Someone will surely don't remember me or even know me as i was a "late"  player of stronghold legends since i have started playing this game when it was already starting to decline,but i still managed to have a great time with it.

..And yes it's really nostalgic  to think about those old times when stronghold was one of the main preoccupations (xD) of my adolescence life ...I remember the days where i would literally think for hours about the best strategies to use ,what clan to join up(which was equivalent to join up the clan whose tag would best suit my name haha)and how to stylize my name online (that was pretty fun indeed !).

Now that i am here after many years i played stronghold legends,after that many things have changed in my life ,I realize that stronghold legends is the only  and one game with which i have a sort of emotional bound ,the same bound that somehow made me log in today in this forum..and i guess you all have more or less this bound if after all you're still here Wink

It was a great pleasure playing with you guys. Thank you all.

(In the end who doesn't miss after all the good old dragon screaming after the mainpage had loaded?..c'mon)

-Fyre
Back to top Go down
KA£A
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE

Honourable posting points : 1255

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:20 pm

FyRe wrote:
(In the end who doesn't miss after all the good old dragon screaming after the mainpage had loaded?..c'mon)

-Fyre

Oooh yes, I miss him so much and the "Welcome Mylord" as well (now I think about it, Welcome "Lords and Ladies" would have been more accurate lol)
I would like to play a King Koth or some of the "weird settings" games as we used to play in the end. I still have my maps (522 exactly) and my profiles setting in my external HDD lol I can't delete that !

I just finished Assassin's Creed Unity and waiting for Syndicate I'll probably play Legends solo campaign just to see ^^

Look at these maps screenshot Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
»Wynette
Blademaster
Blademaster

Honourable posting points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:57 am

Hey guys,

As Fyre (if you connect again , PM me bro, would love to talk with you), you might not remember me since I was kind of a late player and didn't really speak english when I started this game.
Well, some nostalgia brought me to this thread and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one doing it !

Well, stronghold legends is the only game I played more than a few hours, and this is only because of the amazing small community that made this game, otherwise the game would have been so boring.

About my life, I got a job this year and everything's going well for me.

Thank you guys, love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaguar
Gong farmer
Gong farmer

Honourable posting points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:22 am

Hello Everyone!!!

Wow how nice it is to read the conversations and see that everyone is doing well in their lives. Isn't it something how this game played a role in our lives and we connected with people? Boy do i miss the hay days of SHL. I miss the people and the good times when they were good. I recently checked an old email account and it led me to the LBC forum, which in turn slowly led me here!

This is definitely bringing old memories and just bringing forth a melancholy feeling..

I've joined the U.S Air Force and have traveled to many places. I'm currently in Greenland for a year and after this I'm headed to Ramstein, Germany for 3 years...definitely looking forward to it since I've gamed with Germans and been the only American in most of the clans HAHA!!

Hope to hear from some of you. My email is Kurtpomeroy90@gmail.com if anyone wishes to get ahold of me.

Respectfully,

Jaguar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stronghold   

Back to top Go down

Stronghold
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1