Stronghold-Legends fan board.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
STRONGHOLD MULTIPLAYER IS COMING BACK ON STEAM THIS SEPTEMBER! http://www.fireflyworlds.com/2016/08/17/new-steam-editions/

Share | 

SHL MOD .....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: SHL MOD .....   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:08 am

http://clan-evolution.forumcommunity.net/?t=51492111

that is the link to his idea in the making or what not.

this is a mod for SHL online multi player ONLY, no troop change, or anything of that, but what this mod will do, is give it a kind of purpose to players.

you will get an avatar and the each game your avatar will go up levels. which, i guess would or could make a difference to some players.

also, an idea to make clan rankings. each game you play will add to your clan rankings. each game you win will earn clan points, each game you loose-D/C you will loose points.

the purpose of this mod is to get more people to play. there is alot of 'PRO'(that we considered) clans up to date in EURO time. but this mod is also to bring in more american players, sense we are all cocky dicks heads, and love to be first, and best in everything. so this would give them purpose.

your thoughts, thanks from fyre.

ALSO if anybody has any ideas, or suggestions to improve this thought let us know.
Tool, he is really calling ur name xD he says your good with things like this, so im guessing ur opinion would be far-most the best.

would love to hear from everybody so post!

p.s:
P.s:anyway i think the best would be if fyrefly could do this because makin a mod its not easy at all...so i think we should send an email to fyrefly to do this...of course this would be very convenient (sorry if i spelled it wrong) for fyrefly....would appreciate to hear from mr.x as well.
Back to top Go down
*7@!<ER*
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Honourable posting points : 167

PostSubject: Re: SHL MOD .....   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:47 pm

hmmm ...
Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: SHL MOD .....   Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:51 pm

thats not anwer ....dont post things like this pls
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

Honourable posting points : 1430

PostSubject: Re: SHL MOD .....   Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:24 pm

Hmm.. I'm not entirely familiar with mod's/(hacks?)

But to my general knowledge mods only work if they are present on both "players". As such it will be difficult to enlist a mod without the consent of firefly.

If you, (or the person in charge) is serious about pulling this off, and willing to go trough alot of setbacks and still go on, they will probably need the help of firefly to make it an update,

And if consent of firefly is needed, i would suggest making a good solid version of the modification and propose it to one of the admins of their forum. From what i heard, was a person named Daz active towards the shl area. At least lyckety had contact with him regarding possible updates against bugs and such (with in the end no result, but nevertheless i believe he is the guy you will need). For support i don't think sending emails will work, you have better odds if you can make a topic and let people sign a petition there, but i believe personal contact with one of the admins might be a better first idea.

As for contents of the mod, well best would be some bug fixes against the "dc" bugs. If you don't do that, then subtracting points when a dc occured would be unfair. Futhermore the system would be highly difficult to program if you want to do clan based. What now if you do a friendly game with people from a other clan? Or if you decide to do a king koth? or if you mixture two different clans in one team? Clan rankings will be impossible if the dc bug stays alive, if you really intend to do this it would either be on a "trust" basis; read each game you make a print screen in the end, and against certain players who crash you don't play clan matches with. And on that basis give points(which is actually completely not related to a mod, but probably the only possible way, unless the mod can solve the dc bug.

If you'd like tools opinion, your best bet would be to post this on the LOD forum, seeing i don't believe tool actually visits here anymore.

Sorry for my negativity, but i'm better in crashing party's then hosting them haha. If the euro clans want a point standard, the best way would be to enlist a general forum for all clans and do a montly basis each clan who wins a match post a screenshot on the forum and a "neutral person" counts all the points. That way, each month you can have a "best" clan. But this only works if you have one central authority.

If you have the people enough to indeed have pro rankings, you could make this work all by yourself, without needing a mod. You only need the support of different clans, and it will take alot of effort from your end to uphold relations and get clans to join. If you can do that, hosting tournaments and such will also become a possibility, but people need to come together first.

»M®️.X«

ûƧ »M®️.X« Proud ûƧ 4 life... Respect people
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: SHL MOD .....   Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:45 am

Sorry for my negativity, but i'm better in crashing party's then hosting them haha. If the euro clans want a point standard, the best way would be to enlist a general forum for all clans and do a montly basis each clan who wins a match post a screenshot on the forum and a "neutral person" counts all the points. That way, each month you can have a "best" clan. But this only works if you have one central authority.

Well that's a great idea we could do it in uaes forum ..and about the mod all bugs will be eliminated....and if ur facing someone and he crashes...the players who crashed will loose points ..yea i forgot to say it (sorry)..

P.s: A mod isnt a hack..it is not illegally dont worry xD..of course i will ask firefly and if someone could help me making a petition would appreciate alot
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

Honourable posting points : 1430

PostSubject: Re: SHL MOD .....   Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:30 pm

FyRe wrote:

Well that's a great idea we could do it in uaes forum ..and about the mod all bugs will be eliminated....and if ur facing someone and he crashes...the players who crashed will loose points ..yea i forgot to say it (sorry)..

P.s: A mod isnt a hack..it is not illegally dont worry xD..of course i will ask firefly and if someone could help me making a petition would appreciate alot

Not all hacks are illegal either Wink But hacking can be defined as breaking in and changing software coding. And with modifications you do the same thing, but yeah hacking is "sounding"more negative.

That being said, the forum doesn't matter much, it depends upon you (or the person in charge) will and relations to other clanleaders. If you can find support from them then which forum to use would be a side issue. (bear in mind that big clans are not likely willing to change)

As for a mod fixing all the bugs, i would be really impressed if you could get that far. If that really is possible, i would suggest obtaining a buglist from several people before even starting with a mod. But like i said, thát would be pretty impressive if you could get that far.(+ crashing is also a bug, so theoretically your mod would solve that problem). Don't get too high hopes with firefly though... But again, best bet would be to pm Daz from there.

»M®️.X«

ûƧ »M®️.X« Proud ûƧ 4 life... Respect people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*7@!<ER*
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Honourable posting points : 167

PostSubject: Re: SHL MOD .....   Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 pm

o yeah, was similar with my idea that we should make a public/universal game's forum, open to all players who are independent or members of a clan.
With many kinds of rank, class and awards for achievement in the game or legal match or only in activities in the forum.
I hope this will be coordinated by firefly ..
Good idea Fyre ..
And i hope the post at forum could be automatically translated in manny of languages cheers hehehe ... because my friends stiil hard to understand English
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHL MOD .....   

Back to top Go down

SHL MOD .....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stronghold-Legends :: Stronghold Legends :: General Talk-
Jump to: