Stronghold-Legends fan board.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
STRONGHOLD MULTIPLAYER IS COMING BACK ON STEAM THIS SEPTEMBER! http://www.fireflyworlds.com/2016/08/17/new-steam-editions/

Share | 

New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

Honourable posting points : 1430

PostSubject: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 pm

"Kronnick"
Hi buddy Smile Well zohia gave me the idea, but i decided to bring it to you. i was thinking

"medium settings, no honor
1000 gold
no rules unless players agree on a rule

Map: Deep in the woods.

players: Well i was thinking 1v1. but im not sure. 2v2 would be cool were players can pick the teams, and would be 16 players. so 8 teams. and maybe try to set up the games were we USA can play on the time 1st .

lets say its me giga prom and another american thats joins. i was thinking have giga me prom and other usa play .. so the time zones arnt mixed. so dont put me prom vs yui and you. timezones are diff.. hope u know what im saying.

anyways, you can add more stuff to the tourney if you agree to it.

i thought it would be cool because not everyone plays it. and it would be fun. challenging. let me know if u approve or disagree thank you. Angel

»M®️.X«

ûƧ »M®️.X« Proud ûƧ 4 life... Respect people

Last edited by Mr.X_1990 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:06 pm

I like the idea.

And the usa timezone and so on is indeed something to keep in mind... I would say post this as a topic Wink

Of usa... baron wants to play i think as well.

2 on 2 would be cool but problematic... especially with 16 players... cause instead of 2 people at the same time... you need to have 4 now.

Just 1 2 on 2 is already difficult to plan.. let alone 4 2 on2

But the setts is a good idea. Yeah it let's people play the other kind of games that normally ain't played Wink

Like ice and such perfect Very Happy

I like the idea... i think we should go for it. I post this on the site to let others look at it..

though the map.... is problematic abit.. for 1 on 1 i mean.... i think firefly had some new maps... maybe there is a more suited one...

Bu it's fun if you do it on a basic map yeah

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GIGA
Blademaster
Blademaster

Honourable posting points : 68

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:54 pm

I am in no matter what you guys decide. I would love to have a 2 vs 2 tournament but Mr X is right that it is hard to get 4 people together at the same time. What we need is players that we can get a hold of. Last tournament it seemed like 25% of the participants didn't play the games that they were supposed to which makes the tournament a little incomplete. I think the players make a bigger difference than the map, settings and class. And I vote for no volcano but I am sure you all know that. And for the people that didn't show up when they were supposed to play last tournament without posting why on this website owe us an apology and a reason why it won't happen again to participate in the new tournament I think. I like the idea of original stronghold maps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:38 pm

GIGA wrote:
I am in no matter what you guys decide. I would love to have a 2 vs 2 tournament but Mr X is right that it is hard to get 4 people together at the same time. What we need is players that we can get a hold of. Last tournament it seemed like 25% of the participants didn't play the games that they were supposed to which makes the tournament a little incomplete. I think the players make a bigger difference than the map, settings and class. And I vote for no volcano but I am sure you all know that. And for the people that didn't show up when they were supposed to play last tournament without posting why on this website owe us an apology and a reason why it won't happen again to participate in the new tournament I think. I like the idea of original stronghold maps.

Sure you do. I rather got people's opinions then doing a tournament that only apeals to me.

I like the 2 on 2 idea. or seeing the forest maybe ffa 4 players.

But you won't get the 4 players at 1 time.... getting 2 is a nuisance... 4 will be pretty impossible :S.

Agreed to the posting/apology part though it wasn't all to bad think 80% of the matches have been played. That's reasonable.

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relax
Valkery
Valkery

Honourable posting points : 278

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:40 pm

i will join too and i also like the idea of the original maps, because they are small and hard to built for eco, but the other point about that maps is, that on some, a player can built 10iron while the other can built 3 or so---> they're not symmetric

and wil it be free choose or what is it, for race?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UAES Hellboy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE

Honourable posting points : 217

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:50 pm

yay - pretty cool idea with that "woods" -map.... but who is really experienced with those setts... mh ... a tourney like this i wont dare to bet on a winner^^

2on 2 would be best but i see problems with coordination too - we may be finished next Christmas with that....

So what about a koth tourney on those shitty lil original- SH- koth maps .. this may be funny too and saves much time ........ but anyway - like the low ressource idea^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GIGA
Blademaster
Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:28 pm

CW is right, there is a big difference where you start off on the (forgot the name) 4 woods map. But I think an actual shls map would be fun.

One thing is for sure I would not be in favor of a free for all. In the past I would do a free for all with four people and get gained up on. This has happned to everyone. Either two friends or two people from the same clan gain up. Or if I see a pro like CW on my right and a guy I know that I can handle on my left, I am sending everything to attack CW. Therefore, a ffa would not be fair just like uneven maps would not be fair.

GIGDY GIGDY GIGA
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:19 am

GIGDY GIGDY GIGA wow u reallty must be old and bored lol Wink anyways yes problems for 2v2 could be well next christmas i was thinking 1v1. and i like deep in the woods because it is just like real life. not every section is going to be the same. and the original maps are cool. anyways i say a 1v1 tourney and yes gigdy gigdy giga FFA would be gay . Exclamation anyways i like the deep in the woods map i think it is a cheers score map lol and if we want watchers theuy can watch and Devil but let me kjow if u guys approve of the tourney

also if u have any suggestions to maps let us no make it original yes any race. anything goes...
Back to top Go down
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 pm

7xtsalvation wrote:
GIGDY GIGDY GIGA wow u reallty must be old and bored lol Wink anyways yes problems for 2v2 could be well next christmas i was thinking 1v1. and i like deep in the woods because it is just like real life. not every section is going to be the same. and the original maps are cool. anyways i say a 1v1 tourney and yes gigdy gigdy giga FFA would be gay . Exclamation anyways i like the deep in the woods map i think it is a cheers score map lol and if we want watchers theuy can watch and Devil but let me kjow if u guys approve of the tourney

also if u have any suggestions to maps let us no make it original yes any race. anything goes...

So a good basic map that can easely be played 1 on 1. And 6 or 2 iron mines i don't care alot bout that. we just let faith decide the spots if that's going to be a real problem.

Any suggestions?

And yoou want us to organise it once more? I on't mind doing it... if hell ,kala and army agree with it Wink

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prometheus
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Honourable posting points : 202

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:46 pm

GIGA wrote:
CW is right, there is a big difference where you start off on the (forgot the name) 4 woods map. But I think an actual shls map would be fun.

One thing is for sure I would not be in favor of a free for all. In the past I would do a free for all with four people and get gained up on. This has happned to everyone. Either two friends or two people from the same clan gain up. Or if I see a pro like CW on my right and a guy I know that I can handle on my left, I am sending everything to attack CW. Therefore, a ffa would not be fair just like uneven maps would not be fair.

GIGDY GIGDY GIGA

First off, it's not "gained up on", it is "ganged up on". I.E.: forming a gang, a small group, and going after an individual.

Second, it is "Giggidy" or "Giggity". Quagmire rules!

Anyways about tourny...I'm not really liking the sounds of this one...just doesn't interest me. However, enter me into any tourny you make, I will play anyways.

If I made a tourny, I would design it so we just have one tourny map, and a made one, not a dumpy default map. And then have the race be arthur, since that is what the majority of players are best at. High settings would also be good, because that is what the majority of players can do. If we make it evil 5 min pt, how many ppl can actually do that? Or low no trade koth, not that many people are great at it. So high arthur would produce the biggest number of players who are good at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:57 pm

7׆Prometheus wrote:
GIGA wrote:

GIGDY GIGDY GIGA

First off, it's not "gained up on", it is "ganged up on". I.E.: forming a gang, a small group, and going after an individual.

Second, it is "Giggidy" or "Giggity". Quagmire rules!

Anyways about tourny...I'm not really liking the sounds of this one...just doesn't interest me. However, enter me into any tourny you make, I will play anyways.

If I made a tourny, I would design it so we just have one tourny map, and a made one, not a dumpy default map. And then have the race be arthur, since that is what the majority of players are best at. High settings would also be good, because that is what the majority of players can do. If we make it evil 5 min pt, how many ppl can actually do that? Or low no trade koth, not that many people are great at it. So high arthur would produce the biggest number of players who are good at it.

So..... we need to give the pro's an extra advantage to beat beginners.... yeah that sounds... good lol

It's because the majority only plays arthur and volcano and such that i like some variation lol..

And i like those dumpy defaulth maps. Prome quesiton what takes more skill. Volcano map with 30 iron mines 8 stone enough food few candles maybe and hops?

or a map with low space (not the humangous amount of space like volcano and such) With low iron (not 33 mines) and low stone.

Give me the crappy maps they ask for more skill then those "pro maps"

,,,and don't talk bout 5 min pt evil...

....Just don't.....
...really.... not..... do...

But yeah.... by all means... kronnick thought this one up... so who am i to interfere?

Though if it was me i chose those setts and a noob map just because it's different. and not played a milion times were people know precise eco and such and such ^^

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GIGA
Blademaster
Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Prom leave my spelling alone Prom, your wierd, me no how ta spel oka foull
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:10 am

wow prom actually not likeing something that takes more thought and skill? lol that the first. and if we made a map prom. how would everyone get it? every one has this map. and also i like it because you can be any race. witch some people will like. and it is different settings
Back to top Go down
The Red Baron
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE

Honourable posting points : 602

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:54 am

Idk if i wanna do this tourny, but as for the map thing, you all know muppet's "Reality Warz" maps? they're high detail, realistic maps, like you would see firefly make, but better. They're also symmetrical in the resources, (like each player has room for the same amount of iron/stone etc., but its still a realistic map)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GIGA
Blademaster
Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:06 pm

I will look up Muppet's Reality Warz maps next time I get on to check them out. I think that I could do well in this tournament because I can have evil with BATS!!!!!!! But in the 4 woods or whatever that map is called, wwls would be too easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:24 pm

The Red Baron wrote:
Idk if i wanna do this tourny, but as for the map thing, you all know muppet's "Reality Warz" maps? they're high detail, realistic maps, like you would see firefly make, but better. They're also symmetrical in the resources, (like each player has room for the same amount of iron/stone etc., but its still a realistic map)

Hmm baron can't you upload the maps?

I made an account on megaupload.com.

if you upload it there we can download it... makes things easier i think.

And yeah... if free choice of units i think all or 99% will be evil... still wwl ain't going to be too usefull i think. few stone towers with couple of x bow and no stairs prevent all wwl attacks.

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GIGA
Blademaster
Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:48 am

Mr.X_1990 wrote:
[

And yeah... if free choice of units i think all or 99% will be evil... still wwl ain't going to be too usefull i think. few stone towers with couple of x bow and no stairs prevent all wwl attacks.

Really Mr. X? Prevent all wwl attacks! WWLS would be very useful on close maps with estates every where. You can make your stone towers with x bows without stairs. And I will send in a dozen bats to kill them all just before I launch :-) And even if I can't kill your king or take your keep, I will keep you occupied while I move in :-) Mr. X I know that you are a really great player, but anyone who gets enough werewolves in is going to do major damage. That's how Yui Yui used to get me. I would be so occupied killing his werewolves the next thing I know he has my barracks surrounded.

And damn you Prom, now I am looking for spelling mistakes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:03 am

why you check for spelling i just type and post Smile Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Relax
Valkery
Valkery

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:39 pm

i played the "Deep in the woods" map now several times with these setts... Very Happy

dammit thats really really hard i can end up wit 11k 511hnr or with 8k 620hnr
but much more is not possible... and with my eco i dont have place for stone towers ... or wells.... or walls.... or anything good for defense like that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Checkersausage wrote:
i played the "Deep in the woods" map now several times with these setts... Very Happy

dammit thats really really hard i can end up wit 11k 511hnr or with 8k 620hnr
but much more is not possible... and with my eco i dont have place for stone towers ... or wells.... or walls.... or anything good for defense like that...

After how long? Cause to me it seems good to make pt a minimum. That way people need to focus both on eco and on what happens around them

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:47 pm

GIGA wrote:
Mr.X_1990 wrote:
[

Really Mr. X? Prevent all wwl attacks! WWLS would be very useful on close maps with estates every where. You can make your stone towers with x bows without stairs. And I will send in a dozen bats to kill them all just before I launch :-) And even if I can't kill your king or take your keep, I will keep you occupied while I move in :-) Mr. X I know that you are a really great player, but anyone who gets enough werewolves in is going to do major damage. That's how Yui Yui used to get me. I would be so occupied killing his werewolves the next thing I know he has my barracks surrounded.

And damn you Prom, now I am looking for spelling mistakes.

Hmm... then you have to have quite alot of honour spare and good control of the field.. but will see.... ... it sounds interesting though.... but then we have to do... if the match ain't finished in .......... minutes it's a draw. or we make it a koth version...

I think dm with those setts could be fun,.

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GIGA
Blademaster
Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:26 pm

You will have a ton of honor on that map, there are estates every where. But yeah keep looking for maps that look fun. Something different than head on tower battles etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relax
Valkery
Valkery

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:27 pm

after 10min... ready after 6min with starting weapons medium...
5min... well im the biggest fan of that, but doing eco and fight at same time may be really really confusing i guess

but well i ll win anyway so Razz
(we had motivation training in school today... an basketball trainer of the BBL talked 90min to us how we can manage everything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Checkersausage wrote:
after 10min... ready after 6min with starting weapons medium...
5min... well im the biggest fan of that, but doing eco and fight at same time may be really really confusing i guess

but well i ll win anyway so Razz
(we had motivation training in school today... an basketball trainer of the BBL talked 90min to us how we can manage everything Very Happy

BBL=Big Bunch of Losers?

And hmm think 5 min pt should be enough to put some small walls on then

hmm quesiton which rnak you start with huh?

cause with rank 10 yeah... but if we start on rnak 5 i don't think there will be a big ammount of honour for a while

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
uaes_again :)
Blademaster
Blademaster

Honourable posting points : 70

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:21 pm

<----------- wont join

<----------- no time at all

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)   

Back to top Go down

New idea for a new tournament (credits to kronnick)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next