Stronghold-Legends fan board.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
STRONGHOLD MULTIPLAYER IS COMING BACK ON STEAM THIS SEPTEMBER! http://www.fireflyworlds.com/2016/08/17/new-steam-editions/

Share | 

Ice fighting tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

Honourable posting points : 1430

PostSubject: Ice fighting tips   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:36 pm

Alright lets start by (Ice Vs Ice Trading setts)
In ice vs Ice matches there are a couple of ways how you can fight.
1.) You can use The tower game.
This is something i figured out while fighting night. And night adapted this in our last game as well.

2.) Or You can use the cat tactic
In this you make cats together with X bow/Archers and cats with iq(highly vulnerable for enemy iq attacks!)

Depending on which kind of game you plan to do or maybe a mix there are dufferent options.Let me first start with the tower game.

1.) Tower Game
Let me first explain what my tower game is. It starts at you're baracks. you must put the auto unit's on 7 unit's. So that every time you hit the unit you get 7 of them. The tower game is pretty simple. You make a couple of towers (3/4) with 6 archers on it. And then again and again. And again.
Also behind the towers you put a small group of x bow. and balista This to prevent an attack of maces who kill the towers.
From here of you got 2 options to do both.

1. You keep a group of 24 balista in the far rear and protect it. this is used to kill the towers with 1 hit if things go well you can make another group of 24 balista somewere else. The big drawback is that it is costly. And if the enemy iq breaks trough your in a big painfull situation (no monney)

or

2. You keep with every gorup of archers 1 or 2 balista and spread them out in a open half moon formation. When a iq comes you aim all balista at her and 99% sure she will be shot. you can evade it by putting her downstairs at the excact good time.
First is more monney consumung.. the second is more time consuming. So far i havn't decided which works best so try both and look if it suits your style

===========================================================

2.) Then the cat game
Like i said not recommended. Witht the cat game you are very vulnerable to iq attacks. so it is either kill the enemy iq or she will kill you. I found that archers work best in this type of game if they are backed up with the iq with some x bow try to use the balista to shoot an iq when she is not protected by cats or so. Mantlets are very usable as well to move the iq with whenever an enemy comes close you just stop. the iq will freeze most of them and you can walk on doing you're thing. Ice maidens are pretty good in defense vs arrows so try to use them when you got the chance. Also Always keep in mind were the enemy iq is. Sometimes you can just freeze her by using a normal attack Wink
When you see an iq running you're way try to intercept with some maceman. If you move in a other way when her beam is comming out she will miss. Then you can stop her.

============================================================

3.)Ice Queen, or more commonly known as Ice Schlampe.
The beauty of the game Razz

This unit can be either a pain in the ass or a godly gift depending on who is using her and how good Wink
In tower game you put the iq on 5 towers or so and on open formation. If the opponment uses a cat game you can easely dismantle alot of his army. Watch out for balista. If the balista are aimed at you're iq, you can avoid the shots by turning the towers the other way.
If there are alot balista (24) they can aim at you're towers and destroy them with 1 shot. In that case walk as far as possible with the towers and then put the iq down try to use the special to kill alot of the enmys in between and try to use a single attack to kill the balista's.

A nice combinational strategie would be Dragon+iq+ knights maces shield madens ec.
This way you can clear alot of the field and gain some nifty victorie points. Though be warned that vs a player who uses tower game this won't work as good as vs a cat player. Second note. If you use dragon, make sure enemy iq used her special before. If not she can freeze the ice dragon and simply keep freezing it or use balista to shoot it out of the air. Likewise if you know the enemy has a dragon ready you might wanna think about saving your ice queen special

============================================================

4.) About her special
This is a tricky question and i havn't fought alot of people and never asked their oppinions....The problem is that when i do it... i am called a glitcher, but when someone else does it it seems normal. Bottom line people don't play ice too often and don't care alot bout it. Considering the tournament were the trick was allowed i think it's valid to use it vs enemy.

Her special is rigged....... As in a lot of mistakes.... I don't know how people think about this, or what is fair or not.
When 2 players got an iq and are AIMING their freezing special the player who uses it as second won't be hit by the attack and can even continue to attack.
I don't know what you want to do with it. it is a glitch but it is uncounterable you most likely will see it by yourself. it will happen alot.
My best advice don't use the special on the enemy iq or use it as second....:S

In tower game the iq's primary use is killing balista.And her special to kill alot of troops or to make a grand finale Razz

=========================================================

5.) Witches
Witches only have 1 use.... that is to disturb the eco of the enemy. If placed good and scattered the enemy can't do a thing against it for some time. Same goes for you're eco! So take a good defense. Only 1 tower with harpoens won't suffice(painfull experience don't ask)

================================================================

6.) The dragon can be used to freeze the iq. The dragon can easely evade her attacks except her special so watch out for that. if you use the dragon in combination with the iq you can easely make a difference Wink

=======================================================

7.) Dwarves
Nice good small sneak up unit. Can kill walls and sneak up enemy keep.

8.) Shield maidens
Can be perfect vs evil players iq freezes enemy x bow for the most part while shield maidens clear up the mess. They got good defense and cost relativly low in honour. works great with iq/dragon

9.) Giants
Not alot to say. Sent a few by sides and get in eco. or kill ice tower or ec. Versatile unit but extremely costly in honour. can work vs enemy if they don't see it comming. Be aware of your own defense with these guys!

=======================================================

10.) Polar bears
I seen quite a fe pro ice players use them to shield the ice queen. never do it myself.. but hey it's worth a shot right?

===========================================================

Ice Vs Arthur (Trading or no trading)
This you win with 2 hands tied behind you're back. Tower game only with way more units like x bow. Use arthur techniek against it and use balista to back you up. if arthur turns to a cat game use the iq to destroy most of it or use long range attacks from the towers.
One thing in special if you use the iq special on the same time as perci blast you will freeze him and his attack Wink In no trading you do basicly the same. But you then have ofcourse balista which will be a big pain in the butt for arthur. And you can get early units to hunt him down.

All ice vs evil matches
Try to keep in mind that the enemy can use WWl's This can be quite an pain however you can defend against this by making a lot of stone towers around you're eco. it is costly, but i find it worth not to have the trouble of wwl comming in Wink

Ice Vs Evil No trading no rules games
Alright.... this can be troublesome
To be honest this is the only reason why i started using evil slightly. In no trading games, i think only evil is doable to do in this kind of game.
ice has balista way worse then stake's... only the iq is handy, while the enemy will use bats to kill the iq or troops on towers. I could be wrong,(havn't played much of this yet) but i don't think you should chose ice in this type of game.

Ice vs Evil No trading with rules
Kinda same problem only no bat's... Stakes are still way better then balista but you are in a slightly better position then last.

Ice Vs Evil Trading no fly
This is were Evil and Ice go on the same speed.
Iq can kill the sorc with 1 shot however the sorc has more range. You need to use a cats game in this kind of game. Cause the stakes will kill you big time. Try to hide the iq under a group af cats so that the enemy don;t know were you stand precisely. then you can stay behind or move on and make it a chance game. Use her special primarly to kill the sorcerer.

Ice Vs Evil Trading no rules
Alright in this you got bats as a big problem. When you make an iq make sure you move her away from the ice tower or else a bat will blow her right back in. Try to keep a lot of archers and x bow in different angles so that they have a chance to kill the bat's for the rest the game stays the same.

This is the most i can say as a primarely ice user.

»M®️.X«

ûƧ »M®️.X« Proud ûƧ 4 life... Respect people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elec
Archer
Archer

Honourable posting points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:49 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relax
Valkery
Valkery

Honourable posting points : 278

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:37 pm

... you should add that if you use cats tactic you will lose the game...

in an ice vs ice game, i dont use an single cat

-autobuild units 15
-put 15xbows to 5towers + 2 ballistas (i play with 22men)
- first sett of towers moves to middle
-all other setts move to enemy barrack
-ballistas should shoot from different positions
-win

easy...

there is no way you can win with ice vs evil when there are no rules, and also no way win vs evil when its no fly (except your enemy is stupid like a pig) because the queen doesn't freeze units when they are on tower, and because evil can use towers and ice not ----> epic fail
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Checkersausage wrote:
... you should add that if you use cats tactic you will lose the game...

in an ice vs ice game, i dont use an single cat

-autobuild units 15
-put 15xbows to 5towers + 2 ballistas (i play with 22men)
- first sett of towers moves to middle
-all other setts move to enemy barrack
-ballistas should shoot from different positions
-win

easy...

there is no way you can win with ice vs evil when there are no rules, and also no way win vs evil when its no fly (except your enemy is stupid like a pig) because the queen doesn't freeze units when they are on tower, and because evil can use towers and ice not ----> epic fail

In no fly i have fought tons of matches vs evil were i could win easely. but i agree... enemy's were mostly stupid to not use towers but still lol

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Red Baron
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE

Honourable posting points : 602

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:16 am

Mr.X_1990 wrote:
1.) Tower Game
Let me first explain what my tower game is. It starts at you're baracks. you must put the auto unit's on 7 unit's. So that every time you hit the unit you get 7 of them. The tower game is pretty simple. You make a couple of towers (3/4) with 6 archers on it. And then again and again. And again.
Also behind the towers you put a small group of x bow. and balista This to prevent an attack of maces who kill the towers.

Do you reallly still use those ratios...?

And about the queen special, when you say "uses second" does that mean, you have to use it right after your opponent does, and right before your frozen. Cause if you frozen i assume you can't do it :S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.X_1990
TheHiddenGuestAlwaysHere

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:49 am

The Red Baron wrote:
Mr.X_1990 wrote:
1.) Tower Game

Do you reallly still use those ratios...?

And about the queen special, when you say "uses second" does that mean, you have to use it right after your opponent does, and right before your frozen. Cause if you frozen i assume you can't do it :S

When your opponent dous it your are inmediatly frozen. but you can do it then and unfreeze your queen. you still get the damage if they enemy queen stays alive though. if you can kill her before that time. you lose nothing

»M®️.X«

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Legendary King
The artist formerly known as Peter
The artist formerly known as Peter

Honourable posting points : 164

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:15 am

btw if u didn t know u can dodge attacks from most of the launching siege equipment such as the ballista, the stake hurler, catapult etc. this works well if ppl are attacking ur IQ or sorce or merlin or any other single unit. alll u gootta do is walk in a line towards the enimy siege equipment and when it fires quickly change the walking the direction of ur unit. i find this usefull if u wanna get in a special on some un guarded siege equipment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
uaes fc lynx warior
Archer
Archer

Honourable posting points : 70

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Hey mr. X. I was wondering if u can maybe train me a little. But I bet u don't have tim cuz u do alought of clan stuff but if u have time.just me now

Sincirly
Lynx warroir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ûƧ-ßlackÅrmy
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE
†hE ûlTImAtE ÂWesOmE

Honourable posting points : 219794562

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:28 pm

mr x wont be on for a while... if you want training then go onto the training post

http://stronghold-legends.users-board.com/arranging-matches-trainings-f24/training-uaes-members-t306-80.htm#7027

there

say when you want it and in what race

Blackarmy reporting for duty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stronghold-legends.users-board.com
uaes fc lynx warior
Archer
Archer

Honourable posting points : 70

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:45 am

Kk thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
»Wynette
Blademaster
Blademaster

Honourable posting points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:01 pm

I'd add that drag can be usefull to destroy mass groups of balistas.. Your opponent won't remake it because balistas are too expensive, that's why I prefer doing little group of 1 or 2 balistas.

To kill ice schlampe, there is a better way than balistas, when she arrives on you just send two groups of xbows over towers on her from two different sides, then she can't use power on the two, and then shoot her with xbows, that's so easy.

Wynette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice fighting tips   

Back to top Go down

Ice fighting tips
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1